NEW Lower Price!
“England’s answer to Sweden’s Hallberg-Rassy”
Is your idea of sailing to be out and never see another boat for months, or to visit villages and plantations or enjoy the crystal clear glacier waters in the Pacific North West. There are so many different cultures in the sailing world and Cambria is one such boat to give you the freedom to get you out there!
CAMBRIA is a centre cockpit blue-water cruising boat that is truly off-shore ready. CAMBRIA boasts the craftsmanship and luxury that is associated with the Westerly Ocean 43 custom build. The spacious accommodation and off-shore capability of CAMBRIA make long voyages comfortable and safe. This fast and sea-kindly yacht is easily managed by a crew of two or single handed. A quick and responsive boat has the ability to get you out of trouble, whatever it might be. You can always slow down a quick boat but cannot speed up a slow one!
Every aspect of this beautiful rugged sailboat has been extremely well maintained and meticulously cared for by the current owners. Recent upgrades to a cost of $160,000 CAD include improvements on enhanced off-shore equipment; perfectly matched solar/electrical system and power source; “flick-of-a-switch” heating and cooling controls; seamless communication between electronics and navigation equipment; enhanced communication with Marine SSB running a Pactor modem; engine, transmission & shaft alignment and so much more.
Don’t miss the full walk-through video!
CAMBRIA is now up for sale and ready for new owners. If you are going offshore, you owe it to yourself to see what a fabulous yacht this is. Give me a call to arrange a personal viewing of this very well cared for, offshore vessel. You will be glad you did.
Specific Build hull & deck design
The Ocean 43 is a very special Westerly yacht. Westerly Yachts called upon and listened to Ron Holland, the world leading yacht designer – Wanting the best, she was built in the Hamble, Southampton factory. The creation is a sea-kindly yacht, yet fast.
- Design Category “A “– Ocean in accordance with ISO 12217 – Highest international recognized quality standards ISO 9001 and EN 29001
- Certificate of Conformity No. EC99/00008 issued by Lloyds Register of Shipping
- Hull construction, vinylester resin, GRP lay-up SCRIMP® method. Proven by the defense and aeronautical industries. Extremely strong hull!
- Added strength to the hull with full crash bulkheads to the bow and the stern
- Shallow draft Lead fin keel w/bulb concentrates the weight where needed; Skeg hung rudder
- Sugar scoop stern with easy access swim platform, teak tread inset, and stainless-steel deck steps; If you enjoy the tropics, a great place to swim from or an easy boarding platform into your dinghy
- Self-steering hardware already attached
- Deep Center Cockpit Sloop – Mainsheet is well out of the way, teak seating and grating
- Large side-decks in 10mm swept laid teak. Uncluttered and easy to get around. Beautiful condition
- Abundant amount and well-placed handrails
- Exceptional insulation properties in the hull, Osmosis resistant
- At the time of purchase, current owners worked extensively on the hull – Oct2004 – Nov2004 all existing “built up” anti-foul removed to gelcoat; applied seven (7) coats of Interprotect® under manufacturer’ rep. supervision, and four (4) coats Micron Extra – three (3) black over one (1) red warning coat.
- Also at the same time they stripped and faired the keel making her slippery “fast”; applied two (2) coats Primocon base & finished with anti-fouling paint
- All bronze ball valves and bronze through-hull/skin fittings below water line replaced Jun2012
- Cruise Speed, design. Engine, 7.5 kts. Sail, 8.5 kts. Actual (under sail, close-reach, flat sea state) 9.3 kts